Founded in 1676 by Giovanni Luigi Lenti, a noble landowner of the time, the church is characterized by a roof made of stone slabs (called “chianche”) and a white lime painted facade.

An inscription on the lintel of the access door indicates 1804 as the date of its subsequent restoration. The abbot’s church is still consecrated and was the setting for wedding and anniversary celebrations until a few decades ago.